Busy, loving family is looking to hire an Experienced, Flexible Weekend Nanny in Greenwich, CT!
The Ideal Candidate: This family is looking to hire a trustworthy, kind, and engaging Weekend Nanny to provide loving care to their two girls (5 years and 2 years). They have a full-time Nanny for the children during the week but are looking for someone flexible and available to work weekends. Their older daughter is starting to have more activities during the weekend and mom and dad would like to attend classes with her, birthday parties, etc., so they need someone who can spend more time with their 2-year-old to help manage her nap, meal time, and engage in age-appropriate activities with her, reading, playing, going on walks, etc. The nanny must have toddler experience as a full-time, consistent nanny and be able to responsibly care for both children, if needed. An excellent swimmer is a MUST! The family has a pool and in the summer, the girls are in it all the time! Must also love dogs! They have a very friendly Goldendoodle who loves to be around people!
Primary Childcare Responsibilities: Looking after the children’s needs, welfare, development, and health & safety. Preparing healthy, fresh food meals and snacks for the children, as needed, occasionally handling the children's laundry/ironing (clothing only) if a load needs to be thrown in, and other child-related tasks, as needed. The family would like the nanny to also be active and take the children for walks, play outside, etc.
Other duties include Light housekeeping including any cleaning related to tidying up after the children eat/play and making sure their rooms and play areas are kept clean and toys are clean and organized. A full-time Housekeeper handles the deep cleaning (M-F), but the Nanny will be responsible for helping the children clean up after themselves and keeping the house generally tidy, helping load and unload the dishwasher and anything that helps with the upkeep of the home so it's not chaos for Monday. Minimal dog care may be needed, including letting the dog out into the yard throughout the day when he needs to go out, and feeding the dog in the evening. Bonus points for playing with him.
Must be a confident driver with a clean driving record. Can have your own car but all driving with the children will be done in the family car.
Travel: Depending on availability and when/where the family travels during the weekend, the nanny may be asked to join. Also, the family would love someone flexible to travel at other times throughout the year if their current nanny is unavailable. The family has a home in Palm Beach, FL which is the location of most winter travel and they usually travel for long weekend getaways as well as a couple of longer trips during the year. The family relocates to the Hamptons every summer (in June and August) so they may need someone to come to the Hamptons for a week to relieve their current nanny, or come for weekends. And they may need additional support in July for longer than the weekends, if available.
What Works Best for Family: The ideal candidate will be calm and positive with a warm, friendly demeanor and a great communicator. Open communication is key. Someone who is balanced, with a low-stress personality, and keeps a cool head at all times will thrive in this role. Someone flexible and goes with the flow. Someone who is a strong swimmer and comfortable and confident around a pool for safety purposes. Someone to remain and grow with their family for many years to come and who they will treat like family is the best fit.
Requested Duration: Many Years
About the Family:
Dogs: 1 Goldendoodle
Current Staff: One FT Nanny who comes M-F and a FT Housekeeper who comes 9:00 am-5:00 pm, M-F
Home SQFT: 10,000 sq. ft.
- Childcare: 02 Children, Ages 2 years (G) & 5 years (G)
- Housekeeping: Light Housekeeping is Required, as described
- Cooking: Children's Meals Only
- Laundry: Children's Clothing Laundry & Ironing Only
- Driving: Required – Confident Driver with a Clean Driving Record
- Travel: Travel May be Requested
- Work Hours: Saturday and Sunday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, (potentially open to 3 days – i.e. Friday, Saturday, Sunday for the right candidate). Would like someone flexible to stay late on Saturday, if requested, for date nights.
- Languages: Fluent English
- Family Requires Covid Vaccination plus booster, Flu shot up to date, TDAP
- CPR/First Aid certified. If not certified, the family will help with the costs.
- Strong, confident Swimmer
- Experience: 5 Years of Experience
- References: Minimum of 3 References
- Background: Pass stringent background checks and drug testing upon offer of hire
- Personality Traits: Honest, trustworthy, engaging, warm, fun, respectful, safety-conscious, organized, a great communicator, kind, vibrant personality.
- Salary: $35/hour, DOE, Negotiable for the right candidate.
- Living Accommodations: Live-Out
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on Private Service Jobs.
Does this job appear fake or unrelated to the Private Service industry?Let us know!