An active family of four is seeking an experienced professional with a passion for maintaining their McLean, VA home in a world-class manner. This position requires a self-motivated, energetic individual with strong communication skills and the ability to remain exceedingly organized. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong “can-do” attitude and will exhibit a sense of pride and ownership for the work they do within the home and alongside the family and their small team. The family is eager to find someone who is looking for their next “forever home”!
- Daily cleaning, tidying and general upkeep of all high-traffic and common areas (including entry foyer, kitchen, bedrooms and bathrooms), and a self-set schedule for cleaning all additional rooms in the home
- Daily laundry (family clothing, bed linens and towels) and regular steaming
- Assisting with packing and unpacking for travel
- Maintaining an inventory of groceries, toiletries, cleaning products and other household supplies; running errands as needed to keep the household fully stocked
- Very light food preparation to include weekly vegetable chopping; helping to keep the refrigerators clean and organized
- Bringing newspapers, packages and mail inside and assisting with the sorting
- Serving as one point of contact in a network that includes housekeepers and property managers at secondary residences; communicating effectively and efficiently to aid in smooth transitions as the family travels between properties
- Deep cleaning and/or long-term project completion while the family is away on extended travel (e.g., deep clean cabinets, polish silver, shine shoes, organize storage areas, clean outdoor furniture, etc.)
- Previous experience working in a large residence (about 10,000 sq. ft.) and/or a top-rated hotel or luxury resort
- Meticulous attention to detail in all housekeeping and laundry duties
- Calm, confident and effective communicator who is unafraid of asking questions and following specific protocols while remaining proactive and anticipating the needs of a busy young family
- Exhibiting a highly professional manner when answering the phone, greeting guests at the door, or otherwise representing the family
- Enjoyment derived from working in a home with two loving children (second grade and pre-K)
- The ability to work flexibly in varying circumstances and environments, from a quiet, empty home to a busy hive of activity
- Full discretion and confidentiality at all times (applicant will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement prior to beginning employment)
Reporting Duties: You will report directly to the two principals. Other household staff with whom you may collaborate include a nanny, driver and weekend house cleaners, with others potentially added in the future as necessary.
Work Schedule: Expected hours of work are based upon a 40-hour (guaranteed) workweek, with primary in-residence hours generally falling between 8:00am-4:00pm, Monday through Friday. The requested schedule is flexible, and these hours can be adjusted to best serve all parties (e.g., shifting to 9:00am-5:00pm). Some evening and weekend availability will also be requested at times, such as in the instance of a dinner party or assisting in packing for a weekend trip.
Compensation: A total compensation package is flexible, depending on the candidate’s experience and skill set, up to a general salary range of about $75,000-$95,000. Additionally, the candidate will be eligible for an annual performance-based bonus and will also be offered a comprehensive benefits package tailored to the individual’s specific needs (e.g., fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage; paid vacation and sick days; retirement planning).
Start Date: As soon as possible, but willing to wait for the right candidate for this long-term position.
Other: All candidates must follow the full COVID vaccine regimen (current vaccines and any future boosters) and be legal to work in the United States.
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on Private Service Jobs.
Does this job appear fake or unrelated to the Private Service industry?Let us know!